Saturday, October 24, 2020

Random Encounter 2: The horde of DOS-based palmtop computers. Big Time!



Even though I was a PDA loyalist during 1990s (and a super recent HPC convert), I was totally unaware of the existence of so many 486 and even 386 full DOS palmtop computers during those years (perhaps except for the HP's). How come? I suppose these machines were being targeted at the very high-price niche market, and definitely not to poor college kids like me.


[Another fantastic website in Japanese (thanks, stingraze!) http://www.funkygoods.com/nazopa/ ]

The keyboard of many of these seem so touchtypable. Many run on AA batteries too (some even for WEEKS). This must be LosTech ... And quite close to my ideal device.
 
And they do look like the real precursors of the CE Handheld PCs, don't they?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Jornada: Chapter 12 Go The Full Monty of MS-DOS 6.22

After running DOS programs under PocketDOS for a couple of weeks, I decided to go the full monty by installing the complete MS-DOS 6.22 (plu...