Friday, October 23, 2020

Side Quest 1: I see, I come, I Slay!

Interlude

Just wanna touch base with my blog here. It's not very easy to persist in blogging every single day. Not because of losing momentum, but simply due to real life matters: family, work, etc. just like what every typical mortal is living through. Although it was not really part of my intention, writing blogs here has become a special treat for myself. Despite quite a few draft blog posts are already sitting in the pipeline, a solid block of quiet moment and peace of mind is still much needed to complete them.

Similar to scripting the adventures of different HPC heroes in individual "Books", I am thinking of starting a Side Quest series to talk about different cool programs and experiences when using my adorable small old devices.

******************************************

Side Quest One: PocketSlay

I assume many oldtime gamers have already known this title so well. Truly, the almost 30 years old Slay is a stroke of genius. The fun and challenges it provides are astronomically greater than its tiny footprint. This is the only game I play to death on PCs, Android, and finally the HPCs.

Besides Slay, the author's other titles are still prevailing! http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/index.html

The best part is Slay for HPC has become Exemptionware (i.e. GRATIS!): https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/218/Sean_OConnor/HPCSlay/version_2.0

I see, I come, I Slay!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Jornada: Chapter 12 Go The Full Monty of MS-DOS 6.22

After running DOS programs under PocketDOS for a couple of weeks, I decided to go the full monty by installing the complete MS-DOS 6.22 (plu...