Monday, November 2, 2020

Book of Sigmarion II: Chapter 2 Power Upgrade (recelling)

Carrying on the successful enhancement of the battery life of my Jornada 720 by replacing the old cells (1,500 mAh) with new Sanyo 18650 cells (rated at 3,400 mAh), I continued this exercise to revamp the batteries for my newly received Sigmarion II.

On the forums, some seem to refuse to believe that there are 3xxx mAh cells and cast doubt on their actual capacity. So before throwing in the new cells, this time I used the LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500 charger to test their capacity. This charger allows fast charge using 1000mA with two cells. So I will run this test a few times for these new Sanyo cells.

After several hours, the results of the first NOR test were out...



Pure theory talks prove nothing. These battery test results align with my personal experience with these cells on my Jornada (now running over 16 hours per charge).

Now with these clear findings, I can go ahead to recell my Sigmarion II.


The cells were stuck to the casing with double-sided adhesive tape.

I found it easier to start removing the spot welded metal contacts from the middle of the connection.

The original capacity of the battery pack is 1,800mAh, which is claimed to last 10 hours according to official data. Now with 3,500mAh cells in, in principle the revamped pack can supply up to 19 hours of juice. Isn't it fun?  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book of Jornada: Chapter 12 Go The Full Monty of MS-DOS 6.22

After running DOS programs under PocketDOS for a couple of weeks, I decided to go the full monty by installing the complete MS-DOS 6.22 (plu...